Auto Accident Fatalities – Why You Need A Wrongful Death AttorneySeptember 2, 2020
Don’t Be in a Rush to Settle Your Auto Accident Injury ClaimSeptember 29, 2021
There are many good reasons to hire an experienced attorney right away to help you with your auto accident injury claim. Below are just a few examples that come up.
In the beginning of each auto accident case an experienced attorney can:
- help you report your claim to your insurance carrier and to the at-fault insurance company.
- help you understand the type of auto insurance coverage that you and the at-fault driver have and how that coverage applies to your case. For example: if you are not sure what the following auto insurance coverage abbreviations mean, you will benefit from hiring an attorney: BI; UM; PIP; MedPay and Umbrella.
- help you to determine what coverage is available under your policy: For example, if you are not sure what “stacked” UM means, you will benefit from hiring an attorney.
- help you to determine what coverage is available from the at-fault driver. If you are not sure how to find that information, you will benefit from hiring an attorney.
- help you obtain and preserve evidence of who caused the accident: For example, if you are not sure what an EDR is, (otherwise known as a “black box”) you will benefit from hiring an attorney. Even if you do know what a black box is, do you know how to get that information before it is lost?
- help you to get the medical care you need. Many people don’t know where to start, or whether they should bother seeing a doctor. The ER doctors usually do not take the time to explain this. An experienced auto accident attorney can help you to understand and find the right type of medical care that you need. They can help you to understand how the medical coverage under your own auto policy and under your health insurance will work. They will also explain the deadlines that apply for you to receive treatment and the conditions that you must meet to obtain full, rather than reduced benefits.
As your case progresses many other details and issues will arise that will make you glad that you have an experienced auto accident attorney on your side.