Across America a pedestrian dies in a traffic crash every two hours. Between 2003 and 2012 crashes killed 47,025 pedestrians nationwide and injured another 676,000.
Florida pedestrian injuries are usually caused by distracted drivers, especially drivers who are texting. Without quality legal representation, victims may find it difficult to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional suffering resulting from pedestrian accident injuries.
Auto versus pedestrian accidents almost always result in serious injuries. Pedestrians struck by a vehicle are often injured and disoriented, but here are a few critical things to remember if you are a pedestrian accident victim or you witness a pedestrian accident injury:
- Insist that a report is filed with the authorities
- Obtain contact information, insurance, license plate and driver’s license numbers of everyone involved
- Gather witness information
- Take photographs
- Seek medical attention
- Do not give statements to an insurance representative
- Sign nothing without first discussing your rights with a knowledgeable attorney
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, please contact one of our experienced attorneys for a free case consultation.